Monday, April 15, 2013

I've been Rak'd

Good afternoon friends,
Is everyone enjoying spring weather, I hope so, I love these 65-75 degree temps, makes for good sleeping.

I was pleasantly surprised this afternoon, mr. mailman brought me a RAK from my dear friend Denise at Riverside Stitching...there is a funny twist to this story, jokes on me, see, she made this lovely pincushion with her new threads from Victorian Motto sampler and even stitched a D on the back, for Denise, right?  Sneaky gal that she is sent it to me and the D was for Dawn.  Also included are some beautiful pins.  I've just been sitting here enjoying it.  Who doesn't love a homemade surprise?

It's the prettiest, simplest, pincushion, stuffed with walnut shells i think?  pretty heavy.  It's just lovely and I thank you dear friend for thinking of me!


I wish I had stitching updates to share but I spent the entire weekend with family and at a soccer tournament (U-19 boys) the kids came in second place, Yay!  Lucky me, my son is keeper, always sitting on pins and needles hoping he doesn't get hurt.  So far so good, but he has gotten plowed over a few times by nasty players.


This was an unusual tournament as all the teams in our bracket tied, no one advanced, we had to do round robin penalty kicks to see who advanced, and we did :0

Ohh, I did manage to put in an online order for a pajama party sale, just two patterns, I wasn't too bad was I?

Thank you so much for stopping by, have a wonderful evening.

blessings
Dawn

4 comments:

  1. Aww it is so sweet..such a sweet gift ..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift!!!! Great shot of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift! Have a beautiful day and enjoy that nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise did a lovely job stitching and finishing your RAK, Dawn!! I can see why you are so happy with it. Hope your son has a successful soccer season :)

    ReplyDelete