Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Something finished, a start, a finish, and lots of ripping...



Hello friends, I don't know where the time has gone this past week, the weather has been so nice that the kids and I have been out working in the yard, while I've enjoyed the time with them, they seem less then pleased that God forbid, they help out a bit. I suppose I was that way too...
I am so very excited to show you my MIL birthday present, all framed up, she is so beautiful. I cannot wait to give it to her next week. MY LNS has done a fantastic job framing her! I'm thinking of doing one of the other in the series but this time I will keep her :) I just love the colors.

I finished a little seasonal piece for a exchange so I can't show you pictures yet. I'm halfway done with LHN Bee sampler, and then I miscounted somewhere and did some ripping out this morning, so frustrated at the lost time, but it was a thread miscount so it catches up and the mistake is obvious, sigh.


So when i picked up my piece yesterday from LNS, I grabbed the CC needed to do LHN's Home of a Needleworker too! and I just started that about an hour ago. I feel like I made some progress. You'll have to forgive me with the photos being out of order, I seem to have no idea how to make them nice and neat.

We had a Yankee Candle fundraiser for the high school soccer team and I was the chairperson for that, rah! lol. I managed to stay sane but was uncomfortable having several thousand dollars in checks in my possession so I ran them over to the treasurer this morning and feel like a weight has been lifted my shoulders, she is going to have fun endorsing them for the deposit. Better her than me. Now that I know what I'm doing, I'm sure the fall fundraiser will be even better. Some parents and their requests are...interesting, and they chose to have kids, I'm a bit worried :) just some fun humor. The way some Ohioins do things baffles me.

Well, I don't suppose I'll be getting much done this weekend, tomorrow is DH birthday and I have his folks coming to visit, then I've got company coming in from Pittsburgh for a few days, and and and, oh it'll be Easter on Sunday. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Easter Holiday.

Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment