Friday, July 6, 2012

Sitting over the ac

Hello good friends, it's been a little while since I posted, I've been reading but haven't had the interest to do much...so very hot here, we've been breaking records here all week, even the dogs don't want to play in their pool. Let's play catch up... My premature baby boy turned sixteen on June 28th, I can't believe he is so grown up, seems like yesterday he was saying "ciao,ciao" as we strolled the streets in La Maddalena. Oh I miss living there so very much. Anyways, back to reality, we had his girlfriend and her parents over for dinner and had a wonderful evening talking and eating. BBQ ribs, beans and DQ ice cream cake. This iPad won't let me add pictures, guess I'll have to do that late. Last week we went to my parents for a few days in Lake City, Pa, the kids dad picked them up from there for two weeks. I had a good time visiting with my parents. My dad is 80. Mom is 79, they are considering selling the grape farm and looking for some properties. If you can picture this...my husband is 6'3" driving my moms mini van, he is also black, my dad up front is heard of hearing and my mom is deaf in left ear, we were driving out in the country arging over which way to turn, my dad says he can't hear me, then a minute latter he is telling me I'm yelling that he isn't deaf! Ugh. My husband said he was about to stop the van and smack all of us.lol. It was funny. I had hubby home from work for 6 days, I felt so spoiled! It was fantastic. Chloe is getting bigger, will be 5 months this weekend, she got the all clear from the vet on her spay, she can go to the lake with us- she is a chicken- next time we take the boat out she is going to be baptized! She will learn (I hope) that she is a water dog. I've been working on a few projects...those I can't show as they have to do with two exchanges I am participating in, I am very excited about this again, one is seasonal and the other is a tea or garden themed. I also have gotten into crocheting again, I went through mom's boxes of knitting and crocheting books and needles before she turns it over to my cousin. I like to crochet, I'm not a good knitter but I have so many memories of mom doing both that I want to hold onto that part of her. She is finishing up some quilts to before she gives me her Janome machine, I have a lot of learning to do when I get it, the whole machine is a computer. I've spent the past two days cross stitching, crocheting and surfing blog land for tutorials and patterns for these exchanges. I suppose I should go start dinner...before I get side tracked again. Enjoy your weekend and have a safe one.

2 comments:

  1. It's very hot here too! I cannot believe the the temp outside is in the 80's at 2am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is awful, the dogs just pace, they are so uncomfortable. I don't ever remember being so uncomfortable and sticky. Well, staying inside is allowing me to gets lots of crafts done! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete